- WorkFit support re-affirms my good practice and give a better understanding of people with Down's syndrome.Frankie and Benny's
- After a successful training session, I'm encouraged to know that I am going to have a personal impact in a person's learning and life skills. I feel encouraged to learn of the increased opportunities for young people with Down's syndrome in Wales.Waitrose
- The WorkFit assessment and training has given us a much greater understanding of the condition and what it means to hire someone with Down's syndrome. Cemented that it is definitely something we would like to be involved in and incorporate in stores.JoJo Maman Bebe
As specialists in Down’s syndrome we can provide informative bespoke guidance and training to employers hiring someone with Down’s syndrome.
There is no obligation and no fee to register your organisation onto the WorkFit programme. Wherever you are with your recruitment needs, we will support you throughout the process.
What we can do for you
Workplace assessment * we will review your workplace, identify any disability issues, consult on possible roles that would be suitable within your organisation and make recommendations on reasonable adjustments and adaptations not only to meet your statutory requirements under disability and employment legislation but also to achieve the best practice in the work place.
Bespoke employment training * we will provide a structured and cohesive training tailored to meet your requirements.
The main contents will cover:
- Awareness training on Down’s syndrome and the specific learning profile
- Management strategies
- Guidance and advice on how to support and manage an employee with Down’s syndrome
“A huge education about how people with Down’s syndrome live and learn. We also feel more confident about working with someone who has Down’s syndrome.” – Browns Hairdressing Group, Buckingham
Bespoke secure site: where you can post vacancies once you have received our free initial training, free access to candidates who are ready to work or who are developing their skills for the future, further resources and aids on supporting and managing an employee with Down’s syndrome.
On-going support: through our information helpline, we can offer expert advice about supporting an employee with DS.
What to do next
- Register free onto the WorkFit programme
- You will receive an email with your unique login details, so that you can start using the site
- We will contact you to discuss your interest
“It was important to us that any role offered to a person with Downs syndrome was not in any way superficial or an act of charity. The role had to be one that was necessary to the functioning of the business. Jenny’s tasks are to manage the post, updating the post logging system as she goes, franking outgoing post and sending out quotes as well as shredding sensitive documents.”
Pam Harvey, Manger Morgan Richardson Ltd